Terms & Conditions
- On a Footsteps guided walk you will be accompanied at all times by an experienced and qualified walking guide, trained and assessed under the Hill and Moorland Leader Award, which is administered by Mountain Training (England). Our guided walks are relaxed activities, but you are expected to follow instructions and be guided for your safety and for the safety of others in the group. Your guide is qualified in Outdoor First Aid, carries a first aid kit and is trained in emergency procedures; your guide also carries a group shelter(s) sufficient to protect all group members should the need arise.
- We hold public liability insurance and a copy of our insurance policy and certificate is available on request.
- There is no lower age limit on our coast and countryside walks, however all children and young people under the age of 16, must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- For our guided walks in the hills and valleys of Northumberland National Park, all children and young people must be accompanied by a responsible adult. It is not our intention to restrict any children and young people from our guided walks, so we do ask parents to be aware of their children's capabilities, stamina and ability if we are going to be walking in more challenging terrain.
Booking a walk
Payment and refunds
- We use PayPal to manage your payment and when you book your walk, you pay the full fee for the walk as set out on the Prices page of this website.
- A refund will be given under the following conditions:
- If your walk is cancelled by us, Footsteps, you will receive a 100% refund
- If you cancel 2-weeks before your walk, you will receive a full refund, less a £5.00 administration fee
- If you cancel within a period of less than 2-weeks before your walk, you will receive a 50% refund, less a £5.00 administration fee
- If your walk is cancelled by us due to bad weather, we will do our best to offer you another walk to the same value, or pay you a full refund
- If your walk is cancelled by us due to forces beyond our control, we will do our best to offer you another walk to the same value, or pay you a full refund
- If your walk has to be cancelled by us because of staff/guide illness, we will do our best to offer you another walk to the same value, or pay you a full refund
- If it is necessary to abandon a walk part way through due to poor, deteriorating or dangerous weather conditions or other circumstances such as unforeseen illness to staff or a member of the group, then no refund will be given.
On the day of your walk
- On the day of your walk, we ensure that you are met at a pre-arranged starting point and you will always be returned to that starting point at the end of the guided walk.
- We ask that you complete a registration form at the start of the walk and if you have a pre-existing medical condition that you believe may affect you when we are on the guided walk, then it is helpful if you can disclose that on the form.
- We allow dogs on our walks, but we must be told in advance if you intend to bring a dog with you. Dogs must be on a lead and under close control at all times. We reserve the right to change routes if we encounter livestock to ensure the safety of the whole group.
The Countryside Code
- The code is written to advise you and landowners of yours and their responsibilities when out and about in the countryside. We do ask that you do not leave any litter, food waste or other unwanted materials in the countryside and take everything back with you for disposal at home. Please follow the Countryside Code at all times.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- A copy of our Policy, a description of how we manage and hold electronic data about you is available on request from Footsteps in Northumberland